- Our intent is to provide a high-quality music education that engages and inspires pupils to develop a love of music.
- Our curriculum ensures pupils experience and understand what music is through listening, singing, playing, evaluating and composing across a wide variety of historical periods, styles, traditions, and musical genres.
- Our music sessions teach pupils to sing in tune, to understand how music is created, produced and communicated, and enable them to develop their curiosity for the subject by creating and composing music on their own and with others.
- Pupils are also given every opportunity to develop their skills and appreciation of music through instrument workshops and performances both in school.
- Our music curriculum ensures pupils are provided with opportunities to sing, listen, play, perform and evaluate. This is embedded in the classroom through weekly music lessons as well as our singing assemblies and various performances.
- We teach the Music National Curriculum, supported by clear skills and knowledge progression. This ensures that skills and knowledge are built on year by year and sequenced appropriately to maximise learning for all pupils.
- Pupils develop a love of music. Exposure to high quality teaching means pupils enjoy music, both from the performing and participation point but also through appreciation and evaluation of the work of others.
- Pupils demonstrate their understanding of key vocabulary through pupil voice evident during lessons and class books.
Please find available for download the Music Primary National Curriculum.